Explore a unique, vast and beautiful science-fiction sandbox game, procedurally generated and studded with an AI storyteller. Build, explore, survive from planet to planet in the new fancy sci-fi universe of Proven Lands. ;)
Release? 2015 for Windows, and after that TBA.
Current state? In development. New voxel engine is coming.
- "Fortunately, there's Proven Lands, a roguelike sandbox that hopes to scratch that '70s sci-fi itch." -- PC Gamer
- "The catchiest way to describe it would be “sci-fi Don’t Starve,” but that’s far, far, far too simplistic." -- Rock Paper Shotgun
- "But the best part is obviously the catstronaut companions. Oh god I need one." -- Kotaku
- "Still here? Good, because Proven Lands looks freakin' awesome." -- PCGamesN
- "If you like exploring, farming, crafting, occasionally battling, and managing oxygen supplies, Proven Lands is worth a once over." -- PocketGamer
- "someone finally gets the potential of procedural alien worlds" -- Pascal Blanche, Senior Art Director at Ubisoft Montreal
Screenshots (Spring 2014)
Screenshots and videos
Rafael (Co-founder, Engineer, Creative Director)
A professional Saber Rider for 13 years now. Made his first board game aged 8, learned to code on a C64, his first video game. Did math and computer science. Loves board games, Terry Gilliam and sci-fi.
Moritz (Co-founder, Business)
Invented by Professor X, he did some impressive stuff before. As soon as Rafael and Moritz became friends at a movie company, they started to work on a few ambitious ideas. Moritz is our business and legal guy.
Jeffrey (2D Artist)
In his early childhood days Jeffrey pursued a figure skating career, but was eventually sifted out due to the high standards of the Eastern German sport program. Fortunately for us his interest shifted to digital art and games on his grandfather's Amstrad CPC instead. A graduated artist.
Pascal is Senior Art Director at Ubisoft Montreal. After tons of mails exchanges about sci-fi, space exploration and movie influences, we became friends. Pascal is not an active team member, nor does he produce 3D assets or so, but he is somehow part of our journey.